It looks like Jun Mayuzuki’s After the Rain, or Koi wa Ameagari no You ni romance manga isn’t just having a TV anime adaptation, but a live-action film as well. Now, the anime’s staff have revealed a brand new trailer for the upcoming film. It features the cast, with Nana Komatsu playing Akira Tachibana, while Yo Oizumi plays her manager, Masami Kondou.
Aside from teasing the story, the new trailer also features the film’s theme song, “Front Memory”. Emiko Suzuki and Seiji Kameda are responsible for performing the theme song for the film, which premieres 25th May.
The film will also star:
- Shouno Hayama as Takashi Yoshizawa
- Nana Seino as Haruka Kiyan
- Hayato Isomura as Ryousuke Kase
- Honoka Matsumoto as Yui Nishida
- Mari Hamada as Kayoko Kubo
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Chihiro Kujou
- You Yoshida as Tomoyo Tachibana
- Maika Yamamoto as Mizuki Kurata
The manga, as well as the ongoing TV anime, follows former track star, Akira Yoshida. After a serious injury sidelines her, she starts working part-time at a family restaurant. There, she meets its manager, Masami Kondou, who she falls in love with. However, Akira is still a 17-year old high school student, while Kondou is a 45-year old divorcee.