After a week of teasing a big announcement, Yuki Suetsugu’s Chihayafuru manga finally reveals their plans. According to the first issue of Be-Love Magazine for 2018, the manga is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a bang. Of course, since this is Chihayafuru, they really spared no expense to celebrate this milestone achievement.
First, the magazine revealed that 33 renowned mangaka will be showing off their own Chihayafuru tribute art in the next issue, as well as a few messages. Of course, these mangaka include a who’s who in the manga industry, and they include:
- Gosho Aoyama (Detective Conan)
- Hirohiko Araki (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist, Silver Spoon, and The Heroic Legend of Arslan)
- Natsumi Ando (Arisa)
- Chica Umino (March comes in like a lion, Honey & Clover)
- Mari Okazaki (Suppli)
- Kazune Kawahara (Aozora Yell)
- Kei Sanbe (ERASED
- Karuho Shiina (Kimi ni Todoke)
- Mayu Shinjo (Ai o Utau yori Ore ni Oborero!)
- Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura, Kyoukai no Rinne)
- Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail, Rave Master)
- Ayu Watanabe (LDK)
- Toriko Chiya (Clover)
- Aoi Nishimata (Shuffle!)
- Satoru Hiura (Hotaru’s Way)
- Norifusa Mita (Investor Z)
Aside from the tribute arts, Perfume, which performed the live-action film’s theme song, will also leave a special message in the same issue.
In addition, mangaka Yuki Suetsugu will also have her very first art exhibition! Titled “Chihayafuru no Sekai ~Suetsugu Yuki Hatsu Genga Ten~”, the exhibition will feature the manga’s original art, as well as its manuscripts. It will tour Tokyo, before also leaving for Osaka, and Nagoya in March, April, and May respectively.