The live-action Gintama film has finally premiered, and it also did pretty well as it debuted at #2 in the Japanese weekend box office. But this strikes the question, what does Gintama creator, Hideaki Sorachi think of it? Well, the ever-funny mangaka revealed his list of “recommended points” from the film itself. As expected, only Sorachi could come up with such a list.
The list includes the following points:
- Shun Oguri (Gintoki Sakata)’s jaw technique
- Masaki Suda (Shinpachi Shimura)’s buttons
- Kanna Hashimoto (Kagura)’s snot
- Matako Kijima (Nanao)’s crotch (as a reference to the actress’ name because “Mata” means crotch)
- Takasugi looking at a picture of when he, Gintoki, and Katsura were kids
- Jiro Sato (Henpeita Takechi) aiming at Kotarou Katsura (Masaki Okada)’s back
- Disappearing Elizabeth
The mangaka also asked fans to help the film “defeat Pirates of the Caribbean somehow”. The pirate flick dominated the Japanese box office before last week, though it fell to #3. The films that knocked it off was of course, Pokemon and Gintama, which respectively took 1st and 2nd.
The recommendations list came with the Eiga Gintama Silver Memories Visual Book, as a tie-in merchandise. Oh, and it also features Gintoki picking his nose because that’s important (because its Gintama).
Source: Animate Times