Blizzard is trying to tempt Overwatch fans into playing Heroes of the Storm (HotS), the company’s cross-franchise Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), with the latest Nexus Challenge. Participating in the event will reward players with a new skin for Overwatch’s resident gamer, D.Va.
Dubbed Officer D.Va, the skin reimagines the M.E.K.A. pilot as a Korean police officer, and comes with a police cruiser themed mech. On top of that, players can get sprays, and icons featuring D.Va in her new look.
The Nexus Challenge will also see the return of the Oni Genji skin and items, which were available during the first Nexus challenge launched back in November.
This Nexus Challenge will run for 4 weeks, and players will need to play 5 games a week in with their friends in either quick match, ranked, or unranked modes to unlock these skins.
Here’s a quick snapshot of what will be available over the 4 weeks:
- Week 1 (Players can also earn these items in matches against the game’s AI.)
- Oni Genji skin, icon and spray in Overwatch
- Oni Genji portrait, spray, Orochi Hovercycle mount and banner in Heroes of the Storm
- Week 2
- Officer D.Va skin in Overwatch
- Busan Police Hovercycle mount in Heroes of the Storm
- Week 3
- Officer D.Va icon and spray in Overwatch
- Overwatch Nexagon mount and Officer D.Va portrait, spray and banner in Heroes of the Storm
- Week 4
- 10 loot boxes for Overwatch
- 10 loot crates for Heroes of the Storm
The Nexus Challenge 2.0 is part of Blizzard’s campaign to launch the overhauled MOBA. Heroes of the Storm 2.0, where among other things sees Genji enter the Nexus.
Heroes of the Storm is available for download free on Windows PC and Mac via the Blizzard App. or the HotS website.
You can check out the trail for the event down below.