From 21st November – 25th December, the official Tokyo Anime Award Festival website accepted votes for their fan award. Fans cast a total of 257,348 votes to determine which anime would win the Fan Award for the Anime of the Year. Now, the voting is over, and its official website has revealed the Top 20 results.
- “Yuri!!! On ICE” – 41,439 votes
- Joker Game – 37,552 votes
- High Speed! Free! Starting Days – 16,094 votes
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans – 14,997 votes
- Mob Psycho 100 – 14,623 votes
- DREAM FESTIVAL! 11,078
- TO BE HERO – 9,398
- Detective Conan The Darkest Nightmare – 9,345
- Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE! – 8,797
- Gintama – 8,030
- K RETURN OF KINGS – 7,311
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions – 6,627
- Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike – 6,576
- Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor EXODUS- 5,295
- World Trigger – 3,592
- Ponkotsu Quest – Maou to Haken no Mamonotachi- 2,994
- Kuroko’s Basketball: Winter Cup Compilation ~Shadow and Light~ – 2,810
- One-Punch Man – 2,730
- Utawarerumono: The False Faces – 2,456
- Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya – 2,276
With a little over 41,000 votes, Yuri on Ice managed to secure the Fan Award. They triumphed over Joker Game, which took second place with 37,552 votes.
Because of the win, the Tokyo Anime Award Festival will screen Yuri on Ice’s first three episodes on 11th March. The screening will happen at the Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro theater’s Screen 1. Tickets cost 1,500 yen.