The Tokyo Comic-con is now in full swing at Chiba’s Makuhari Messe, and it has some pretty big Full Metal Alchemist reveals for fans. One of the coolest feature includes Roy Mustang’s costume, which is the same one worn by actor Dean Fujioka for the film.
The Fire Alchemist’s costume was shown as dirty and bloody, as it probably went through a few intense action sequences to look that way. It can be found at the Warner Brothers booth at the event held in Chiba’s Makuhari Messe.
The staff of the film also appeared on stage during the event, and revealed that the film is slated for release sometime in December 2017.
The film adaptation of Full Metal Alchemist will star
- Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric
- Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell
- Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang
- Ryuuta Satou as Captain Maes Hughes
- Yo Oizumi as Major Shou Tucker
- Yasuko Matsuyuki as Lust
- Kanata Hongou as Envy
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
- Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
- Natsuki Harada as Gracia Hughes
- Jun Kunimura as Doctor Marco
- Fumiyo Kohinata as General Hakuro
- Natsuna as Maria Ross
- Kenjiro Ishimaru as Father Cornello
In an earlier interview, Director Fumihiko Sori revealed that unlike live-action film adaptations of popular manga titles like Rurouni Kenshin, Attack on Titan, and Chihayafuru, the story of the Elric brothers will be told in only one stand-alone movie, and remember, this movie promises to stay loyal to the source, so one might wonder how they will fit all of that story material in one feature-length film. Alphonse Elric will be be a CGI character.