Look out Pokemon trainers, because Pokemon GO is now available for the Apple Watch. Niantic announced the news via the game’s official blog. They also revealed several other additions that the Apple Watch version will bring.
According to the announcement, the Apple Watch version will:
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
Not only that, but it will also notify users of how much calories they have burned while trying to catch Pokemon! Oh, and did we mention it also tells the time?