Jump SQ.’s November 2016 issue has revealed new details on the upcoming second season of Blue Exorcist, which is titled Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc. According to the advanced look at the issue, the new TV anime will be premiering in January 2017.
It also revealed that the new anime will be part of MBS’s Animeism bloc, as well as additional cast members, which include:
- Takashi Inagaki as Tatsuma Suguro
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Juuzou Shima
- Kishou Taniyama as Kinzou Shima
- M.A.O as Mamushi Houjoi
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Saburouta Toudou
They will be joining the returning cast of characters, which include:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rin Okumura
- Jun Fukuyama as Yukio Okumura
- Kana Hanazawa as Shiemi Moriyama
- Kazuya Nakai as Ryuji Suguro
- Koji Yusa as Renzo Shima
- Yuuki Kaji as Konekomaru Miwa
- Eri Kitamura as Izumo Kamiki
- Ayahi Takagaki as Kuro
- Rina Satou as Shura Kirigakure
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Mephisto Pheles
- Keiji Fujiwara as Shiro Fujimoto
This will be the series’ second TV anime adaptation, with the first one being released back in 2011. The manga also received an animated feature film as well as an OVA. This new series will be adapting the manga’s Kyoto Arc, which runs from Volumes 5 – 9.
In the late Edo Period, a demon known as the Impure King killed thousands of people. After defeating the demon, the Knights of the True Cross kept its left eye safely sealed away on Academy grounds – but now someone has stolen it! Hearing the thief has taken a child hostage, Yukio and Rin go to help. The investigation and pursuit will lead Rin and his friends to Kyoto and involve them even deeper in a sinister plot! But will his friends’ knowledge that Rin is the son of Satan drive a wedge between them?