Osamu Akimoto’s Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo, or KochiKame for short, is getting a new TV anime project for its 40th anniversary. It was announced that it will be a 1-hour TV special, and will guest star the lead seiyuu of other legendary manga from Weekly Shounen Jump!
Fuji TV will be airing the anime special on 18th September. It was revealed that the special will have plenty of big guests, and will follow the kidnapping of a foreign princess named Sabrina, who then gets rescued by Ryotsu. The cast of the anime will include:
- LaSalle Ishii as Kankichi Ryotsu
- Yumi Morio as Reiko Akimoto
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Keiichi Nakagawa
- Haruki Sayama as Daijiro Ohara
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto’s seiyuu) as Sabrina
- Akira Kamiya (Kinnikuman’s seiyuu) as Kidnapper leader
- Takeshi Kusao (Slam Dunk’s Sakuragi Hanamichi) as Kidnapper #1
- Ryotaro Okiayu (Toriko’s seiyuu) as Kidnapper #2
- Masakazu Morita (Bleach’s Ichigo Kurosaki) as Kidnapper #3
The manga, which was first launched back in 1976, is still going strong today. It has inspired various anime adaptations, as well as live-action movies, dramas, and stage plays. It will also be getting a new stage play, which will run from 9 – 19 September 2016 at the AiiA 2.5 Theater in Tokyo, before heading to Osaka’s Sankei Hall Breeze from 23 – 25 September. It will once again star LaSalle Ishii as Kankichi Ryoutsu. He played the character in previous anime adaptations and stage plays.
Source: Comic Natalie