We are getting a new mystery anime this October, and it is titled A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako’s Feet (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru). The series is based on the light novels written by Shiori Oota and illustrated by Tetsuo, and the official website has finally released the anime’s very first PV:
The video also reveals the cast for the upcoming anime, and they are:
- Shizuka Itou (Hayate the Combat Butler!’s Hinagiku Katsura and A Certain series’ Kaori Kanzaki) as Sakurako Kujyou
- Junya Enoki (My Love Story’s Osamu Kurihara and Digimon Adventure Tri’s Takeru Takaishi) as Shoutarou Tatewaki
- Ayaka Imamura (Absolute Duo’s Miyabi Hotaka and Chaos Dragon’s Misuka) as Yuriko Kougami
- Masako Isobe (Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha’s Amaterasu) as Ume Sawa
- Hiroki Takahashi (Yu-Gi-Oh!’s Katsuya Jounouchi/ Joey Wheeler, Hunter x Hunter original’s Hisoka) as Hiroki Utsumi
- Akira Ishida (Evangelion’s Kaworu Nagisa and Gintama’s Kotarou Katsura) as Itsuki Isozaki
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Fairy Tail’s Natsu Dragneel and Blazblue’s Jin Kisaragi) as Haruto Imai
Shizuka Itou will be taking over the role for Ami Koshimizu (Kill la Kill’s Ryuko Matoi), who previously voiced Sakurako in a drama CD, together with Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan’s Eren Yeager), who was replaced by Junya Enoki for the role of Shoutarou.
The website also revealed the anime’s key visual image, which features Sakurako herself.
The light novel series, which now has over 60,000 copies in print, is written by Shiori Oota with illustrations by Tetsuo. It follows Shoutarou Tatewaki and his girlfriend, Sakurako Kujou, a girl obsessed with bones. Set in Ashikawa, Hokkaido, the couple will solving various mysteries and incidents, all of which involve bones.