A new leaked magazine scan from the upcoming 32nd issue for Weekly Shounen Jump! Magazine reveals that a few familiar names will be coming back for the latest movie in the Naruto franchise, Boruto -Naruto the Movie-.
According to these new scans, here are the additional cast members:
- Chie Nakamura (Eureka Seven’s Rebecca Halstrom) as Sakura Uchiha (Formerly Sakura Haruno)
- Satoshi Hino (Shakugan no Shana’s Yuuji Sakai and Bakuman’s Akito Takagi) as Sai
- Yoichi Masukawa (Gokusen’s Haruko Uchiyama) as Rock Lee
- Hidenori Takahashi (Amnesia’s Waka) as Konohamaru Sarutobi (replaces Ikue Ohtani for the role)
- Nana Mizuki (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha’s Fate Testarossa and Cross Ange’s Ange) as Hinata Uzumaki (Formerly Hinata Hyuuga)
- Showtaro Morikubo (Yowamushi Pedal’s Yuusuke Makishima and Hakuouki’s Souji Okita) as Shikamaru Nara
- Hana Takeda (Ikki Tousen’s Chiiko Kyocho) as Kurotsuchi (The new Tsuchikage)
- Kouki Miyata (Baka and Test’s “Ninja Pervert” Kouta Tsuchiya and Meganebu!’s Mitsuki Kamatani) as Choujuurou (The new Mizukage)
- Ryota Takeuchi (Sengoku Musuo’s Uesugi Kagekatsu) as Darui (The new Raikage)
- Akira Ishida (Evangelion’s Kaworu Nagisa and Gundam SEED’s Athrun Zala) as Gaara (Kazekage)
They will be joining the previously announced cast as part of this new Naruto movie focusing on the 7th Hokage’s mischievous son.
Boruto: Naruto the Movie will premiere in Japan on 7 August with Hiroyuki Yamashita, an episode director for Naruto Shippuden, directing the anime movie. Meanwhile Naruto creator, Masashi Kishimoto, who had been quite active in the movie’s production is credited with its original story, script, and character designs, as well as being the movie’s chief production supervisor. He also illustrated the movie’s key visual image seen above.