Sore Ga Seiyuu is the anime about seiyuus based on the manga written by actual seiyuu, Masumi Asano (Ikki Tousen’s Hakufu Sonsaku and Hayate the Combat Butler!’s Risa Asakaze) using her experience as a seiyuu. With the anime’s 7 July premiere fast approaching, a new TV ad has been aired in Japan.
The video focuses on the three main characters, Futaba Ichinose, voiced by newcomer, Rie Takahashi (Shirobako’s Akane Uchida), Ichigo Moesaki, who is voiced by Yuki Nagaku (Medamayaki no Kimi Itsu Tsubusu?’s Aki), and Rin Kohana is voiced by another newcomer, Marika Kouno. The three make up the vocal unit named “Earphones”, who will be singing both of Sore ga Seiyuu’s OP and ED songs. The OP is titled “Sore ga Seiyu!” while the ED will be titled “Anata no Omimi ni Plug-in!“, and both songs will be released as unit’s second single, which will hit the market on 22 July.
It was also announced that five new seiyuus will be joining the cast, and they are:
- Ami Koshimizu (Kill la Kill’s Ryuuko Matoi and Persona 4’s Yukiko Amagi) as Shuu-san
- Ayane Sakura (Nisekoi’s Haru Onodera and My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU’s Iroha Isshiki) as Sayo-chan
- Hitomi Nabatame (Hayate the Combat Butler!’s Yukiji Katsura and OreImo’s Saori Bajeena) as Hikari Shiodome
- Kenta Miyake (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure’s Mohammed Abdul and Macross Frontier’s Bobby Margot) as Kaibara-san
- Nozomi Furuki (Rolling Girls’ Yukari Otonashi) as Aoi Konno
The anime is based on the 4-koma manga written by actual seiyuu, Masumi Asano and illustrated by Hayate the Combat Butler! mangaka, Kenjiro Hata. The anime also has plenty of connections with Hayate the Combat Butler! as both Hitomi Nabatame and Kenta Miyake (who also voices the senior butler, Klaus) are part of the anime’s cast