We finally get a better look at the upcoming live-action Fullmetal Alchemist film, as the official website has now revealed a brand new trailer. This would be the film’s second trailer, and it features never-seen-before footage.
The video features the Elric brothers as they try to revive their mother using alchemy, which goes pretty badly of course. It then features actor Ryousuke Yamada as Edward, and a CGI Alphonse Elric.
The trailer also revealed that the film will premiere on 1st December. It will also star:
- Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric
- Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell
- Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang
- Ryuuta Satou as Captain Maes Hughes
- Yo Oizumi as Major Shou Tucker
- Yasuko Matsuyuki as Lust
- Kanata Hongou as Envy
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
- Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
- Natsuki Harada as Gracia Hughes
- Jun Kunimura as Doctor Marco
- Fumiyo Kohinata as General Hakuro
- Natsuna as Maria Ross
- Kenjiro Ishimaru as Father Cornello
In an earlier interview, Director Fumihiko Sori revealed that unlike live-action film adaptations of popular manga titles like Rurouni Kenshin, Attack on Titan, and Chihayafuru, they will be telling the story of the Elric brothers in only one stand-alone film. This movie also promises to stay loyal to the source, so one might wonder how they will fit all of that story material in one feature-length film.